I am thankful for many things today, but I will highlight two of them for you.
One: I'm thankful that class is going well. I am caught up on reading; we (Kara, Kristi, Sam, Laura, and I) were placed in the group we requested; we were assigned the case study assignment we wanted; and, we are basically ready to lead the group discussion on Thursday. Yay. And momentarily, I will be taking a siesta :)
Two: I am SO thankful for my living situation. Whoa. Today, Kristi and Sam thought it would be a great idea for all of us to work on our project at their house. We had heard horror stories from them about their crazy family, but we weren't sure how much of it was slightly exaggerated to get a good laugh. So... we take off from the University and walk (literally) 2 miles to their house - past Kara's and my house, past the train station, past a ton of graffiti, over a bridge, and about oh... 1 mile longer until you arrive at their house! It is so far away. It took almost an hour. I mean the weather was nice and the walk was great, so no complaints there, but I feel so bad for them having to walk it everyday!! Once we arrived at the house, their Mormon house mom answers the door. Yea, Mormon - I think this family must single-handedly make up the 2% non-Catholic population in all of Spain. Everyone else in the country is Catholic. So the first thing she says is not "Hola chicas" as you're expecting. In Spanish (the only way she will communicate with them even though we all suspect she knows English because her husband speaks perfect English), she says to Kristi "You said four amigas, and now I see five amigas." Eeeeek! Then Kristi attempted to explain to her in spanglish, but everytime she uttered about two English words the mom would say "No! En Espanol!" She is kinda mean... Finally, we escaped to their surprisingly spacious room in the attic and laughed for about 45 minutes before starting to do our project! It was basically pretty funny!
On the way out, we had a similar encounter with her again. A 50 minute walk back to our apartment, and I am in need of a nap!
Hasta Luego!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment