I never thought that I would actually enjoy the smell of McDonalds. After Kara and I finished picking through our sack lunch, we took a little trip to good ole MickeyD's. Kara got ice cream, and I had a Diet Coke. We didn't even get food, but it was just great to be there :) All of the restaurants, cafes, stores (and bathrooms) are so tiny and cramped here. But unsurprisingly, McDonalds was spacious and wonderful. Of course the menu was a bit different (including a "Euro Menu" instead of the "Dollar Menu"), but it was just great. Kara and I laughed when we saw the kids playplace --- a simple colorful corner with books in it! ha ha. Much different than our megatunnels and new video game playplaces.
Kristi and Sam moved houses today. They talked to Prof. Ana this morning, and by 1:30 they already had new arrangements. They said it was SUPER awkward when a lady from the university informed their Mormon mother of the move while they packed up their bags. But, they are quite happy in the new home. So we are all glad for them!
Over at our apartment, it is great. The only hard thing right now is trying to keep conversation up at meals. :S Yesterday morning, Kara and I literally sat in silence at breakfast whispering to each other, "So.... should we wait for her to come eat with us?" "Um... I don't know...". After quite some time, we just took our coffee to the kitchen and went back to our room to get ready. That night however we got smarter... We managed to tell her that I am engaged. It took her a while to understand that we weren't talking about our friend. Kara said, "No no. Her!" as she pointed to me. And Ana screamed "ohh!" and she was so excited. It was great. She asked where the ring was, if my parents liked him, how long we had been together and everything. So we started off on a great conversation. Now starts the brainstorming for the rest of the week...
Today we visited the Prado Museum. It is a HUGE art museum. I've never seen so many paintings of Jesus depicting in over 100 ways all in one building. The information was very interesting. My favorite artist was Velazquez.
Lastly, it seems that there are wedding dress shops on almost every corner in both Alcala and Madrid! It is crazy. I always gaze into the windows. Sometimes the dresses are beautiful, and others are just odd. But, it makes me eager to be back and makes me miss Scooter even more. There is much to look forward to here as well, so I try to concentrate on those things too.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment