Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ding, Ding Ding!!

I will tell you all about my day a little later tonight after studying; however, I must tell you about this...

So, Ana our host mom is always skyping someone - while she cooks, after dinner, etc. And, Kara and I have been speculating about who it is the whole time we've been here. We had a lot of scenarios about possible boyfriends (for example this guy who works with her at the University), but today we got the whole scoop.

So, background info: there is this certificate in our room of her undergraduate degree, and on it is a different last name than her current one. I saw it was like "No way, Kara, you think she was married before?" She's only 30 so we weren't sure. Well, when I told her about me being engaged, she said that she also was engaged at age 22. She also said she got divorced after 3 years, but she hopes to marry again! (I thought that was so sad!!) But mystery solved, about the certificate. So then we were on to the skype companion. She also mentioned to us that she will be traveling to the U.S. in August. She is going to New York, Washington D.C., and Colorado. Then another night she mentioned that she wanted to her second PhD in the U.S.! Whoa.

Well, tonight the cat was out of the bag. She asked us if we wanted "strawberries and milk." Kara said "Um, no thanks" and I said, "Uh sure, I'll try it please" even though I was a bit apprehensive. So Ana heads back to the kitchen, for kind of a long time. We could hear her stirring up something, cutting things, etc, and I started feeling kinda bad about making her do all this work. So, Kara and I just sat there whispering about conversation topics for when she came back to the table. THEN, we hear this loud blender start!! And, we busted out laughing!! What in the world... I guess I asked for a milkshake. Finally, we gained our composure as she walked back in. We asked her what she would want to study in the U.S. and where. She answered, "Virginia." And she paused and said, "Well... I have a...a.. um.. how do you say... boyfriend, novio... in Virginia." Kara and I were like "Ahhhhhhhhh" (her skype dude). So we will no longer be dreaming up her possible boyfriends with Sam and Kristie. Apparently, he is Argentinian and came to study in Alcala a few months ago. Ah! So crazy. But, she was cute about it. (His name is Jose :) And, the milkshake was pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment