So, last night as Kara and I were sweating away just sitting in our room (June brought some serious heat with it to Spain, and there's NO air conditioning!!) Ana gets home from Madrid a few hours after Kara and I. She comes to our room and says, (in broken English), "A-lisa, there is a surprise for you (smiles smiles). But... it come dis afternoon. Es in me officina at the university now. You will get it en the morrrrning? (smiles)" She sort of explained that since no one was here all afternoon that someone had taken it to her office. So I was like, "SI! SI!! I'm excited!!!!" Then, she was just laughing and so excited too. She asked if it was my birthday, and I said "No, he's just really great!!!" with a huge smile. (I knew that it must be from Scooter judging by Kara's mischievous grinning). Ana replies, "Ahhhh! Oh my, Si Si!!! Es true!" Kara wouldn't tell me what it was even though I was prodding.
So.... this morning we left a little early to go pick it up. Scooter sent me the most beautiful flowers!! I absolutely love them, and I am so lucky! I got to admire them all during our extended 4 hour class. Everyone else was amazed as well!! Even the boys... they were saying, "Whoa, that guy is awesome! Props to him!" Ha Ha Ha. I was loving every minute of it. Now they are displayed nicely in our room! :)
As for yesterday, it was my best day in Spain yet!! Class was AWESOME!!! The two professors on the trip are a married couple - The Bolinos. Yesterday (and today) they combined our classes and led the lecture together. It was SO adorable. Mark was telling all these hilarious stories (some about his wife Ana), and she was just smiling away at him - contributing to the story here and there. It was precious. They are so great. Embarrassingly, I almost started getting teary-eyed (half from laughing so hard and half from how exciting marriage will be)!!! At the end of class, they told us that they would be canceling Thursday's class due to a Spanish National Holiday (Corpus Christi) - this explains why class was 4 hours today instead of the usual 2. We also got our tests back, and the girls and I were very happy with our grades!! THEN, they gave us an update on the upcoming Barcelona trip this weekend. It sounds amazing!! They have tours and dinners planned for us; we have free time to visit the beach; we will be staying in an air conditioned HOTEL; and we even get per diem for daily lunches. I simply cannot wait!!
After class, Sam, Kara, and I went shopping in Madrid. It was wonderful! I came back with a skirt and two tops (which can also be work-wear). It was a very successful trip. The evening was relaxing catching up on reading. Then we went out with some of the program people for about an hour.
Tonight we might be going to Madrid since we don't have class tomorrow! Yay. But, Kara and I (being two of the FEW people who don't fly by the seat of our pants all the time) are still figuring out the logistics of night-time transportation. However, I'm confident that together we can figure it out ...and probably organize them as well. (We will see!)
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I guess Scooter is a keeper after all ;) I love how excited you are about getting married. You guys are the cutest!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean "after all?!" Haha
ReplyDeleteYay Scooter! And Alissa, I believe in you! Fly by the seat of your pants! Just do it! And in worst case scenario call a cab haha
ReplyDelete