Yesterday was a tough Monday. I was so sleepy from our Barcelona travels and secretly dreading our huge project that is due next week. After class we talked with Ana (professor Ana) about the project and we started feeling a bit better about it. Naturally, 3 group members planned a trip in the middle of the week...So Kara and I started doing the preliminary research and organizing the project. We started off in McDonalds (where I had the most delicious McNugget Happy Meal ... it indeed made me very happy), then we relocated to the school computer lab, and then to the apartment. We made great head way on the project. Later, we ate dinner with host mom Ana. It was some sort of turkey/chicken tasting pattie covered in cheese and a side salad. We ate this while Ana had watermelon for dinner. Soooo we headed to eat helado (ice cream) around 10:30 pm! It was great!!!! Yum yum.
Today was much better. After class I got an awesome coffee at our usual coffee shop, bought the goofiest love card (in Spanish), visited the post office, and browsed a few boutiques on the way home. After browsing wedding websites looking at 700+ photos of purpleish flowers and decorations, I was on sensory overload, but I couldn't stop!! I just loved it. And, it was a great distraction from school work.
This brings me to the "Mayday!!"... So I've had this glass cup in our room because I have been so thirsty. Yesterday, I reminded Kara that I had set it on the floor and to be careful not to knock it over. Well today I had in laying on my bed (I have no idea why). Just before Kara and I were headed out of the apartment. I KICKED it off of the bed!!! Literally kicked it. I mean the thing went flying off the bed, landed on the floor (I think), and shatter into a million TINY pieces. My mouth dropped, and so did Kara's. Thank goodness Ana wasn't home to hear that!!!!! I just started laughing because I didn't know what else to do!!! It took me a while to get it all (or what I think is all of it) off of the floor. Yikes!!!!!!!!! I feel so bad!
So around 4 pm, Kara and I took the train one stop over and visited El Corte Ingles, a huge shopping center. I was able to purchase a gift I've been needing and some snacks for the next turkey/chicken pattie night :) I was on a mission to find bubble wrap, and they had it!! Wooo Whoo. 40 euro later we were headed home.
Dinner time is getting close, and I've been practicing my "I'm sorry, but I accidentally broke a glass today" with the help of Google Translator. Oh dear... I hope this goes over okay. Wish me luck...
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment