Not going to Madrid last night ended up being the best decision Kara and I have made so far... We opted to stay in Alcala for the night with the majority of the kids in the program, and it was a blast!!! We had a glass of wine with 5 other girls, and then went to Can-Can for the night with the rest of our program group. Another huge group of Americans arrived in Alcala on Monday (including Theta, Claire Tolson) and we all ended up at Can-Can. They played American music the whole night. ha ha ha. So basically, we took over the whole place, and it was great. [The small group who went to Madrid ended up having the most dramatic night ever. We are SO glad we were not there.]
After sleeping in today, I got my first taste of boredom here in Alcala. Today is the big Corpus Christi holiday, and many shops are closed. So there wasn't a whole lot to do. But, it was kind of nice to not be rushing about and checking things of the to-do list. In the evening, we went to get ice cream with the same group of girls who went to Can-Can last night. Delicious ice cream... chocolate with chocolate chunks and strawberry sorbet -- in the words of Kara it was like "a chocolate covered strawberry in ice cream form." Yum! Afterwords, we walked around this little art fair in the plaza. There was some interesting stuff. I saw a great partial gift for Brea there... however, I tried to negotiate with this one vendor lady for her overpriced goods. I asked how much two of the item would be and she said "40 euro...and I'll throw in some [ugly] earrings." I replied, "Mmm, how about 30 for both, forget the earrings?"
"mmmm, No"
"Okay, 35 for both"
"mmmm, No."
"Alright, see ya."
(Sorry seeder, I'm still on the hunt. So have no fear)
We also got to see this goofy little acrobatic show in the plaza. It was a funny little couple, and it took them FOREVER to set up their stage. So we waited thinking this had to be awesome. It was pretty good stuff... you know, juggling, balancing, partner stunting, and even a 3 ft high tight-rope walk between ladders. Eventhough it was all in Spanish, we were in agreement that they might be amateurs. But they were entertaining.
Tomorrow it's off to Barcelona!!! I am SO excited.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alissa-only YOU would have a to-do list when studying abroad! Haha, love you!
ReplyDelete